Friday, July 23, 2010

Hands full?

It seems like I've heard this comment frequently in the last few weeks:  "Wow, you've got your hands full!" (upon seeing me out and about with my three children).  And sometimes I think to myself, "Yep.  Sure do.  [Sigh.]"  But mostly I think, "Really?  It's just three kids.  Is that so many?"  Some ladies, the moms of five and four children respectively, were discussing this in our Wednesday evening parenting class.  They both said they hear all the time:  "Are they all yours?"    So I'll be joining their ranks soon enough.  Can't wait to say with pride:  "Yep.  All mine!"

Progress-wise, I got fingerprinted this morning; Vince will get his done this afternoon.  It looks like we may be able to begin our home study within the next few weeks.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I get that too when I'm out with my three. I have to say I kinda like it! It was fun getting all the compliments when I was flying home from Montana this past June by myself. It's nice when mommy superpowers (given by God, of course) get recognized!

ali_moran said...

So happy that things are moving along for you!!! You'll have that referral before you know it!!

:-)