Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

I thought I should probably blog, since it's been a while.  We mailed our documents off to Chicago exactly two weeks ago, so I've once again become a mailbox stalker.  Sigh.  Maybe today?

I'm thankful today for the community that adoption has opened to me.  I had no idea, when we began this journey, the connections we would make and the Kingdom perspective we would gain.

I have "met" dozens of lovely people through the Holt forums. . . beautiful, large-hearted souls who have helped and supported me tremendously through the difficult task of preparing our dossier.

I have six new local friends (three couples) whom we met in our adoptive parent training, and who, I hope, will continue to be part of our lives as we bring home our adopted children.

I have been blessed to be a resource for several other families just beginning their adoption journeys, and I see clearly now that adoption, for me, is more than just a means to add another child to our family.  It is my heart.  And dare I say, a CALLING, one that was nowhere on my radar until exactly one year ago.  We truly sense that this process, this journey, is going to forever change us and our family--our relationships, our activities, our bank account (ha!), our traditions, our worship. 

So on this day-before-Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for my husband, who has whole-heartedly embarked on this wild ride with me.

And I'm thankful to God, who calls me His friend and daughter, who laid adoption on my heart in such a way that I was powerless to do anything but obey, and who will faithfully provide and equip us for all that lies ahead. 


Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and saving. He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing. (Ephesians 2:7-10, The Message)

1 comment:

Magic Brush said...

Wonderful.....
Thank you for your kindness today. I will be calling you again- FOR SURE!