Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunday Snapshot: {the end of an era}

This afternoon I said goodbye to Carmelita.  She came into my life in 1999.  Before my kids.  Before my husband.  She's my car.  Was.
I've cried in this car, worshiped, prayed, yelled (not at my husband, he wants me to add), laughed, taken a gazillion trips to Walmart, and uh...did some damage to the front bumpers over the years.  Yeah, there's a matching scrape on the other side.  Nice, huh?  Carmelita carried me to work every day at zero-dark-thirty in the morning, drove me to my wedding, safely brought home each of my three brand-new babies from the hospital. And for the last 21 months she's tolerated (as have I) the cramming of three car seats into the back seat.  She's been good to me.

But it's the end of an era.  Can't get four car seats in that back seat, any way you slice it. 

So stay tuned for my "Monday Snapshot." 


Sunday Snapshot

4 comments:

Magic Brush said...

Oh girl that made me smile!!!!!! Man, you have a LOT of memories in that car.....hahaha!

Jennifer said...

Amazed that you could get 3 in your back seat! We couldn't in our car, so we had to trade it in for a van before Sam! Now, we have room for 2 more!!!! Can't wait to see what the new vehicle looks like!

ysexton said...

Amazingly, saying goodbye to a vehicle is a very emotional task--these machines become such good friends, like pets! Carmelita has served you well! At least you are not having to bury her...

Nicole Renée said...

What a great idea to take a picture of you WITH your baby! LOL. What a big step!