Saturday, August 13, 2011

going into hiding

If you are the parent of at least one small kiddo, you have probably, at some point, entertained visions of a disappearance, however brief.  Maybe just so you can take a shower, use the restroom, or make a phone call with the faintest semblance of privacy?  Or maybe to curl up with a good book on a long, lazy afternoon with no thought for anyone else's needs?  I'm not saying I've had these thoughts recently...I'm speaking entirely hypothetically here.  Entirely.

But here's another spin on it:

You are my hiding place
you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. 
Psalm 32:7

He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.   
2 Samuel 22:20

    But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
   let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
   that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Surely, LORD, you bless the righteous;
   you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Psalm 5:11-12  

Keep me as the apple of your eye;
   hide me in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm 17:8

Going into hiding is looking better and better. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

I heard a comment recently: "Definition of a parent's vacation: The 30 seconds it takes to walk around your car after buckling your kids in and shutting their door." I love it 'cause it's so true (especially if they're screaming as you close the door)!! :D