Monday, October 31, 2011

I lean into you

I'm living in the moment when trusting You means everything; I'm living in the moment when believing You means everything.  
I bow down in my spirit, I slow down for a minute and lean into You.  --Jon Thurlow
Father, this morning my need for You runs deep.  In my own strength my efforts are paltry at best.  I lean into You, into your mercy, into your loving-kindness, into your grace that covers all my gaps, all my inadequacies.  

I unclench the fist of my heart and surrender control.  I surrender to your relentlessly pursuing love.  I let You love me the way I want my son to let me love him--no fear, no resistance, no unbelief.

...and then he told me,  My grace is enough; it's all you need.  My strength comes into its own in your weakness.  Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ's strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size—abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.  --2 Corinthians 12

I'm choosing adoration today, along with Sara, here:
BWS tips button

3 comments:

a blog full of weldons. said...

wow, i needed to hear this today dear friend!

Krissy said...

So lovely, so in love with jesus...

Debi said...

As usual - your blog post blessed me! I love the way you write and share! Thanks for helping me to re-focus and lean hard into the One who loves me best! :) Hugs, friend!