Thursday, December 8, 2011

my me morning

Gigantic thanks to my mom, dad, and sister who sacrificed their time today to give this mama a much-desired few hours alone.  My parents kept the littles at their house, even fed them breakfast and lunch, while my sister took the bigs to lunch and a movie.  Pretty big deal since this is Hummus Girl's very first theater experience! 

So would you like to hear what I did with myself?  You'll either want to live vicariously through me, or more likely, shake your head and ask that's all you could come up with, girl? 

After dropping off the kids, I went to the local Social Security office to apply for a new card for Shu.  Waited about 25 minutes, then stood at the window for another 20 minutes, but it went off without a hitch, and we'll have the card in two weeks!   So glad I didn't have the struggles some of my fellow adoptive parents have had. 

Then to JCPenney to use a $10 off a $10 purchase coupon.  On the way, a little Sara Groves in the CD player...no fighting or beat-boxing from the backseat...good for my soul.  Side note:  Sara and I sang in concert choir together in college. 

Next, the library.  Ah, sweet, nourishing library...to be there sans children...what bliss.  The librarians hardly recognized me, I think.  I filled a sack full of books.  Books for me, thank you very much. 

On to China Wok for the $4.95 lunch special.  Kung Pao Chicken while I read one of my new books. 

Finally, a quick breeze through Old Navy to find Shu a winter coat.  The Absent Minded Professor's old one seems to have disappeared. 

And then I picked up my littles and brought them back home for naps. 

I am thankful and refreshed. 

7 comments:

Captain Murdock {Godwilladd.com} said...

that actually sounds like a glorious morning! somehow, when you are normally kid-free, even waiting in line at the SS office doesn't seem bad. it even seems relaxing!

a blog full of weldons. said...

so glad you had a morning to youself! even standing in line alone can be refreshing!!

Rita and John said...

It all sounds wonderful--especially the trip to the Social Security office! With our first son, I took him to apply and it was challenging but doable. With two...eh. No way would I even try. So glad you got some time to yourself!

Nicole Renée said...

Yes, the simplest things can be the most refreshing indeed! So glad you got some time to yourself!

Amy said...

I am so happy you didn't have to go through our escapades with the SS card! Jealous as heck. But definitely happy for you! :)
Amy

Stephanie said...

Sounds heavenly!!! Seriously...any activity without kids can be enjoyable just to get a brief break. Glad you got a chance to have some time to yourself! :)

T said...

Ah, the joy of simple things. And amazing just how much you can get done in one day without loading and unloading children into car seats and baskets, and strollers, and potty breaks at every store, etc. Every mommy needs a day like every now and then.