Friday, July 13, 2012

DIY gone awry

Alternate title:  Make Me a Hero on the Internet

Which is why Dr. Husband didn't fuss about my taking photos of the colossal disaster that is our house. 

Two weeks ago it was "show ready," I promise.  And then we decided to redo the kitchen floor.  Now it looks like this.

Here's the frig before I came home to find it lying on its side.  In the dining room.  Unplugged.  {Side note:  refrigerators are not supposed to be horizontal.  They do not like this.}


Some of my hopefully-not-yet-rotten food in a cooler.  There's no pic of me making an ice run at 10:30 p.m. 


Refrigerator (now upright, still unplugged) and stove in my dining room.  We ate fast food for dinner, seated on the living room floor.  Oh, and Sonic run later.  Had to keep kids out of the house all afternoon and evening.  So just for grins I took Princess Firecracker to urgent care for what I thought might be a urinary tract infection.  Nope.  Rash.  Solution?  Over the counter anti-fungal cream.  Argh.  Then we went to the park, sans He Who Melts Down At Parks, and the aforementioned Princess Firecracker took up tantruming in his stead.  Good times. 


The contents of my pantry.  And some other garbage. 



Mess. 


And finally, My Hero.  He's been working in the kitchen for about 15 hours so far.  And a kind friend who, sensing our despair, offered to help.  It's 11:26 p.m.  He's still here helping.  Earlier he helped me plug the frig back in and set it back upright.  And replace all the shelves and contents which came crashing down in the process.  And wipe up the Thai chili sauce whose lid came off and ran all red and saucy down the shelves and onto the dining room carpet.  And pack ice around the eggs, creamer, and yogurt which have been sitting room temperature-like for several hours now. 


It's been a heck of a day.  Heck of a week, actually.  Oh, and did I mention we're supposed to leave in the morning for a brief weekend getaway? 

Should I promise "after" pics?  I'm certain once it's finished our house is gonna sell any minute.  Yes, I think I see a line of buyers waiting out in the street. 

2 comments:

D said...

wow, we had no idea that's what you've been up to for the past few days. so impressed with what Dr. Husband accomplished (with your help and the help of your friend - and the "cooperation" of the kiddos).

everythingismeowsome said...

Oh my goodness. This is funny, because it's not me.