2. He will eat absolutely anything: tabbouleh, chili, brussels sprouts, clementines. His food obsession/anxiety has been no barrel of laughs, but at least he's not picky.
3. My parents have been generous in their love and care for our children, allowing me and Dr. Husband to spend some much-needed time alone.
4. Hummus Girl loves preschool. So thankful for the Lord's leading in that regard.
5. our park right down the street
6. popcorn and Hot Tamales
7. Princess Firecracker's hilarious little voice begging me not to spank her "princess bottom"
8. Dr. Husband who loves me like every woman should be loved, who makes me laugh, who makes me a better everything, and who points me to Jesus, every time.
9. Dr. Husband's job, which he enjoys
10. fellow adoptive mommy friends--real life, or the bloggy kind--who help to bear my burdens
11. a healthy body
12. two sisters who are also dear friends
13. a normal, healed heart for Shu
14. My flesh and my heart my fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
15. three kids who are more resilient and compassionate than I could have imagined
17. Shu is walking.
18. the International House of Prayer, especially the free Prayer Room webstream
19. a great washing machine
20. LEGOs...they're seriously wonderful.
21. The Hunger Games series...very well-written, very entertaining.
22. our local library--a place to go where everybody knows our names
23. every "no," intervention, or "all done" that does not result in a tantrum
24. Israel Houghton
25. Redbox movies with my love after all the kids are in bed
26. Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23
27. online shopping, especially Amazon
28. that we adopted Shu before China's new homestudy and post-placement requirements went into effect
29. low cost physical and speech therapy through our state
30. two beautiful daughters and two handsome sons
31. that my Father God adopted me and is teaching me how to love
I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. Philippians 3:13-14 (The Message)