My second annual Thanksgiving blog post...in no particular order:
1) I have right standing before the Father because Jesus took my punishment on the cross.
2) Five beautiful, healthy, and smart children...at least two more children than I ever expected I'd have!
3) Amazon. Seriously, I love this website. Forget about Black Friday; I try to avoid all stores from yesterday on.
4) My in-laws who recently moved to town. They lovingly care for Shu two days a week, and we are very happy they'll now be a regular presence in our lives.
5) Hummus Girl's school, where I know she is happy and cared for.
6) Princess Firecracker's preschool.
7) Early intervention therapy for Shu, and beyond that...
8) ...a speech therapist who is gifted in her job, a sister in Christ, and has become a cherished friend.
9) My house. Though I look forward to more space some day, I love this home and its super convenient location.
10) My parents who invest in us and our children almost every Saturday evening, and willingly step in any other time they're needed.
11) The marriage of my beautiful sister-in-law this past September.
12) Dr. Husband's good job.
13) The library.
14) My sweet ride--the white minivan.
15) The gift of a free Tivo, so we no longer have to record programs on the VCR, but beyond that...
16) ...my dear friend Janet who gave the Tivo along with the priceless gift of her love and friendship.
17) My sister who makes me laugh. I am proud of her.
18) Facebook. It's good for stay-at-home moms.
19) The freedoms afforded to me as a citizen of the United States. God shed his grace on us.
20) Health insurance, especially since we maxed it out this year.
21) The easy, joyful delivery of another beautiful baby girl on October 2. I am a rich woman.
22) Being able to stay home with my children and do the hardest job in the world.
23) That my children each know the delight of at least one brother and sister.
24) The Macy's Thanksgiving day parade, on right now.
25) Every hard-won word that Shu utters. Well, except "NO!" maybe.
26) Clean water and air, healthy food, cars that run, a computer.
27) This beautiful verse: Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: “The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things! Psalm 118:15
28) The gift of worship.
29) Tasty Thai, Chipotle, Jose Peppers, Iron Wok...especially when we have gift cards!
30) A sound body and mind.
31) That we did not have to spend thousands of dollars repairing our home's foundation.
32) Ten years of marriage to my best friend and partner. He loves me and our children so well.
Happy thanksgiving, friends!