Thursday, August 15, 2013

take a moment

Currently one of my favorite songs, it's also a good admonition and something I'm trying to do today.



It's so easy to just barrel through life, onto the next thing (sometimes you have no choice), but I want to press pause, reflect on the past two years of hard work, and take a moment to celebrate this giant milestone:  sending Shu off to preschool for the first time.

On Tuesday he had his final speech therapy session.  Can't recall the exact date off the top of my head, but I figure we've spent the last 20 months doing weekly speech therapy.  Whew.  That's a chunk o' time.

I know we'll see his SLP again, because she's a dear friend and sister in Jesus--no coincidence there--and I cannot wait to dine with her in real chairs, sans children, as we discuss something other than how Shu talks.  She has witnessed the transformation from a child who cried through every single session and literally could not combine one consonant with any other vowel sound to a loud, happy, chatty boy who still has a few delays, but who is READY for the fun and challenge of school.  After only one day I feel assured that Shu is in capable, caring hands there.  I'm excited to see how he'll mature and thrive under someone else's teaching and guidance.

God promised me, as we prepared to transition out of early invention, that He would not leave me without help, and He has not.  He's so good like that.

OK.  Unpause.  Carry on.

2 comments:

Rita @ Open Window said...

Love, love reading this, Jerusha. Just getting to watch your journey from the sidelines (and with you in prayer) is an honor. And today it is a joy. Hooray for the milestones reached and the progress made. And thank you for sharing Shu--and your heart--with us.

Adrian Roberta said...

Oh man I have missed you blog! I lost my blog roll somehow ~ (any chance you could add a subscribe by email) Anyhow, love reading this update!

Roberta
www.berzenji.com